Tuesday, January 25, 2011

oh so many roses

I've been eyeing this top for a while.



















simple
flowery
airy

but its $88 price tag never fails to turn me off.
and what do I always so eloquently say to myself when I have a bills to pay, places to be, and people to see? (aka: low on cash)

"Dude, I can totally make this."

and only about 10% of the time do I actually attempt to make what I left behind along with the dust of my fauxnfident words.

well, this is one of those time I am pushing myself to follow through.
I WILL make this top!

I began making the top with the mentality that I would finish tonight or at latest tomorrow, but as I was hand-shaping and sewing on the FIRST rosette, those hopes went kaput. It took roughly an hour per 4 rosettes. Yeah...I wont be finished tonight.































My goal is to finish by Thursday so check back!

4 comments:

  1. amazing goodness. please make me one in nude! I will pay!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, grace! if you like how it comes out, anything for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll even do those one arm up poses for you whilst wearing it. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahaha. you would totally rock the one arm up pose look.

    ReplyDelete